Those of you that read my last post may know that I’ve been away for the Summer. Sugar Daddy’s family came to visit from the US for a month and we had a wonderful time showing them all that Britain has to offer. Unfortunately, I didn’t have time for blogging or any SL playtime for that matter so Dolly didn’t join me on our adventures. However, if had she been with me, I know she would have worn the outfits I’m going to showcase in my series of next 3 posts. Today, I will be your guide to Edinburgh; so please “Suivez-moi!”.
Edinburgh is a fantastic city charmed with character, whiffing of whiskey, and tarted up with tartan! Scotland is renowned for wet weather and it’s no exaggeration when I say that I’ve never seen such heavy downpours as we experienced during our visit. However, it all seemed to add to the novelty value for our visitors and Edinburgh proved to be their most favourite of all the places we visited in Britain.
Dolly’s top 5 suggestions for things to do in Edinburgh:
1. Eat Haggis, Neeps and Tatties with Whiskey Cream Sauce at The Last Drop Tavern in Edinburgh’s historical Grassmarket.
2. Take a tour around The Real Mary King’s Close, a forgotten street from the 17th Century recently discovered buried beneath the Royal Mile.
3. Walk the Royal Mile from Edinburgh Castle to Holyrood Palace and the controversially design Scottish Parliament Building.
4. See the Scottish Crown Jewels and St Margaret’s Chapel (built in 1130 and Edinburgh’s oldest building) at the City’s most famous tourist attraction, Edinburgh Castle.
5. Shop ’til you drop in Edinburgh’s busiest shopping district, Princes Street.
Hair & Hat: Truth Morgan Hair in Brownie (Browns 2 pack) (scripted hat) (L$225)
Skin: Curio Lovely Skin in Vintage Rose 1 Petal Frex (L$1,000)
Eyes: Glanz Transparency Shine Eyes in Fresh Blue (L$300)
Eyelashes: REDGRAVE MoulinRouge Eyelashes (L$90)
Nails: Love Soul Clear French Prim Nails in Natural (L$90)
Earring: Creamshop Toon Heart Earrings (scripted) (L$195)
Shirt: AOHARU Ruffle Shirt in Ivory (part of the Ruffle Shirt Dress) (L$280)
Dungarees: Stylissimo Long Fly Home Dungarees (part of the Long Fly Home outfit) (L$450)
Bag: Cherry Hannah Vintage Messenger Bag (scripted) (L$325)
Bracelet: eLDee Kali Bracelet in Red (fatpack) (L$60)
Skirt: Canimal Sinister Skirt (part of the Sinister outfit) – Vintage (no longer available)
Shoes: Periquita Mary Squares Shoes in Dark Yellow with Red Buttons (scripted) (L$350)
Now, for a bit about the clothes ;). I love scripted items and lately designers seem to be offering us more of them and with multi-component scripting giving more flexibility to co-ordinate and create new looks. A number of the items included in this post fall into the latter category including the Cherry Hannah Vintage Messenger Bag which comes with 6 fabric options, 2 leather options, and multiple buttons to play with. Also featured are the Periquita Mary Square Shoes which have 18 shoe and 9 button colours to choose from. Periquita shoes are unmistakeably gorgeous with their quirky shapes and now all of them come with scripted colour options too… happy days!